You’re Not Alone
Consulting firms often plateau when Partners reach the limits of their personal networks. Referrals can be too sporadic to drive consistent growth.
Conversations with potential clients drop and the firm’s growth hits a wall, leading to a classic “feast or famine” cycle of trying to drum up new clients, manage the business, and serve existing clients all at once.
The Path to Consistent Client Growth Isn’t Obvious
Consulting sales progress very differently than product-based sales. Building trust, sharing deep expertise, and demonstrating strategic capabilities are essential elements to “close the deal” with new consulting clients.
So what’s the best approach?
Hiring a traditional sales team is generally ineffective. The lack of deep subject matter expertise hinders pure sales executives from engaging senior prospects properly. Direct sales teams can also be quite expensive (i.e. risky).
On the other hand, when the firm’s Partners focus on outbound prospecting it can interfere with client projects and reduce billable time. Most consulting Partners are poor “greenfield” prospectors. The result is both lower revenue and lower client growth.
The future of your firm’s growth depends on generating a steady flow of new client relationships. Yet consulting firms do not have the systems, skills and personnel to do consistent outbound prospecting.
What you need is a systematic client acquisition process that targets, engages and delivers high-value discovery conversations to your firm’s Partners.
You need an experienced growth partner to drive your outbound sales process and deliver new high-value client meetings to your Partners.
- You get ONLY hyper-targeted ideal client prospects (according to your unique selection criteria) that have already been “warmed up”.
- The process establishes and nurtures new prospect relationships based on authority and credibility…
- …With potential clients who are best positioned to benefit from your services – and most receptive to your offerings – so your sales cycle is compressed [by half or more] and [far more] efficient.
- These hyper-targeted potential clients are impossible to reach by traditional means – fire-walled behind a gatekeeper, they won’t answer cold calls, you can’t meet them in person at the right time, and it takes forever to get an introduction (if it’s even possible).
- Your Partners can focus on managing clients and generating billable revenue, while your client acquisition partner systematically delivers potential clients.
- Your network of potential clients will grow by 3-10X, filling your deal pipeline and increasing your inbound inquiries.
We work with you to define your ideal client prospect – the companies and people whom you are best suited to serve.
Then we establish and continually nurture relationships with targets who fit your ideal client profile. So when you do get to a sales conversation, much of the legwork has already been done.
Below are some firms that have benefited from our growth expertise…